One-step, one-way, one-phase, single, single-loop, columnar, tower, rectification, packed, plate, etc... There is already a wide range of names available, but there are still many people who do not know the present and future technology of pálinka making.
So what are the benefits of one-step distillation known worldwide? We collected them.
1. The first and most important is the aroma yield. The purpose is to achieve a tasty, fragrant pálinka that perfectly reflects the fruit. However, the production of flavours and essences is strongly influenced by the distillation temperature, ie. the heat shock, which is the biggest enemy of the aromas. So if we only give one heat shock with a fractionating column and in a lower range, we can save the valuable aroma elements.
2. Quantitative yield is also an essential aspect. Lot of our tests confirm that the one-step still produced 25-35% more from the same mash than a two-step distiller. This is also due to the one-way distillation technology and the precise separation of distillation fractions.
3. In addition, it is not negligible fact that over the same period of time more pálinka can be produced with this equipment, as the final product can be immediately separated with less energy consumption, so the equipment is fast and economical.
4. It is ideal for producing both smaller and larger quantities. The example of 35 litres Pálinka Master Dávid equipment, with maximum filling capacity of 29 litres. With this equipment the same amount of mashes can be distilled in two days as with a traditional 100 litres still. At the same time, in case of smaller amount of valuable, eg. raspberry or currant mash even 10-15 litres can be processed, which cannot be filled to a two-step 100l still. In case of a bigger one-step equipment, such as the 98l Pálinka Master it means, that during one distillation it can be filled with 80 litres of mash, but it can distil also 30-35 litres.
5. The most important is the perfect separation. The good mash can only be spoiled with distillation, so the equipment plays a significant role here. The three major mistakes are burning, poor quality separation and quick distillation. The burning can be avoided with the double-walled, water-bathed pots. The poor quality separation and the pulling out of the distillery depends on the master, but the one-step stills also help in this. The pressure gauge of the water-bathed pot, the temperature of the cooling water, the temperature of the effluent vapour and the rate at which the distillate flows out indicate the overheated distillation pot. However, the perfect separation required a lab precision digital core thermometer, which shows the temperature of the pre-condensation steam vapour. From this point You only need to know the correct boiling points and it literally will not cause headaches to professionally separate the pre- and post-spirit. This is, of course, complemented by sensory evaluation in every case!
6. Having chosen a good one-step distiller, it can be used even as a traditional still, if You want.
Our description is in every point valid for every product from the produced by us, worldwide popular, 100% Hungarian Pálinka Master one-step product line.