The fractionating still – developed and produced by Pálinkafőzés.com and Hungarian Pálinka Embassy – is finally here!
Over the time spent in the distilling industry we have had the time and opportunity to scrutinise the ever-expanding market of high quality distillation equipment. We learnt about their technical solutions, tricks and shortcomings, too. After combining our experience we decided to produce distilling equipment that mixes elements of the best and most efficient products, eliminates the most common problems, produces above average results and whose appearance exceeds the needs of international customers. The "Pálinka Master" is simple, easy to operate, cost efficient, built to the highest standard, and is unbeatable regarding benefit/cost ratio. We developed this equipment for those who hold high quality Hungarian pálinka in the highest esteem, and would like to produce it with heart and soul.
About "Pálinka Master":
The still has a fractionating column with a copper packing, but can be used as a traditional, two-phase pot still as well: its owner may choose which process he wants to use to distil the spirits.
- Full capacity: 98 litres; filling capacity: 75-80 litres
- Equipped with double walls, water as heat transmitter, pressure relief valve and suction valve.
- 2 mm thick stainless steel pot with concave bottom plate, three legs and a connection for the flame deflector (optional)
- Gas heating with electric heating option
- Tap: 3" ball valve
- 2 mm thick polished copper top with built-in window, silicone seal, camlock. May be ordered with heat resistant varnish
- Stainless steel column with digital core thermometer, dephlegmator thermometer, double-walled pipe and a window below the dephlegmator to check the reflux process.
- The column is filled with special copper packing made by our company (included in the price)
The results of several test fractional distillations:
- Heat up time for full filling (maximum 80 litres):
- gas heating: 80-90 minutes
- electric heating with 4,5kw filament: 140-150 minutes
- electric heating with 6kw filament: 110-120 minutes
- Distilling time for full filling: about 180 minutes
- Full operation time for full filling: 240–300 minutes
- If the system is preheated, the actual times may be 15–20 minutes shorter.
- 1 PB gas cylinder is enough to distil 160-240 litres of wash.
- Water consumption for full filling: about 300 litres
- Average heads purity: 86–94%
- Average middle run purity: 75–89%
- Average quantity of heads: 0.2–0.4%
- Gain compared to traditional, one-phase distillation techniques: +30%
- Colour: shiny, mirrored, clean
- Odours: balmy, perfume-like results preserving the aroma of the fruit and reflecting the quality of the mash
- Tastes (50% purity, after ventilation and resting): mild, rounded, characteristic and harmonic.
THE QUALITY OF PÁLINKA DEPENDS 90% ON THE QUALITY AND HANDLING OF THE FRUIT AND CONTROLLED FERMENTATION. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOME MADE PÁLINKA AND PREMIUM SPIRITS IS ROOTED IN THE DISTILLATION EQUIPMENT AND ITS PROPER USE.
The equipement may be ordered with the following options:
Gas heating/prepared for electric heating: with flame deflector, socket for heating wire and plug (to switch between gas and electric heating any time)
Electric and gas heating: socket for heating element, electric package (4.5 kW heating element, relay, heatsink, container, cable, assembly instructions and wiring diagram. The electric distillation unit is equipped with a flame deflector. The unit is sold with a plug for the heating element’s socket, so the still can be used with gas heating only.